Central Florida SCORE Presents
Women In Business
Fifth Annual Symposium
Friday, September 16, 2022
8:00 AM - Noon
502 E Main St, Lakeland FL
Individuals - $40
Our 2021 event was a huge success with over 150 powerful, professional women in business.
Single admission are available now and are projected to sell out quickly! Don't miss your opportunity to attend and Secure Your Spot Today!
Our lineup of insightful and inspiring women speakers will empower you, motivate you, encourage you and enable you to break barriers in your business and career.
Hear first-hand the challenges and successes from powerful women in business leadership roles.
Network with other professional women, building your confidence toward leadership and experience different styles and practices.
Event Registration & Pricing
Register yourself to attend the event.
Nicole Welch, MS
Get Heart Media as Founder and Guarantee Realty Manager and Florida Southern College as Adjunct Professor
Meet Your Keynote Speaker
Nicole’s presentation will be on Face it 'Til You Make It.
HCC Digital TV, Radio Film & Media Production
Meet Your EMCEE
Meet Your Workshop-Entrepreneur
Dr. Sallie Brisbane-Stone
Founder and CEO, The Well
Dr. Brisbane-Stone’s presentation will be on Now That's A Stretch.
Get To Know Your Panel
Creater and Director at Buena Market
- Born in Austin, Texas
- Wanted to be a teacher when she grew up.
- Attended Austin Community College, Austin, Texas
- The most valuable lesson she learned in school was that it wasn’t the best use of her time.
- The scariest decision she ever made was moving away from home.
- Her greatest professional accomplishment was the size and significance of the creative community that Buena Market has created space for.
- She would still like to develop a grant program.
Owner Blue Velvet Cupcakes
Owner of Tiana's Bowtique
- Born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Wanted to be a model, then a nurse, and to join the military when she grew up.
- Attended Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida
- The most valuable lesson she learned in school was discipline and organization.
- The scariest decision she ever made was at 16 years old, to have her daughter and raise her alone.
- Her greatest professional accomplishment is being recognized in her community as a business owner that works hard to help others.
- She wants to continue to grow her business so she can hire a team and offer the best job and work family.
Kari Ann Gomez
Owner of Home Instead - Lakeland Office
Dorcas A. L. Crumbley, M.A., MHRM
President & CEO of Essential Catering Solutions
- Born in Lakeland, Florida
- Wanted to be an obstetrician when she grew up.
- Attended Florida Southern College, Lakeland, Florida, and Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri
- The most valuable lesson she learned in school was how far education can assist you in conquering your goals and aspirations.
- The scariest decision she ever made was riding on Busch Gardens’ Manta Ray (lol!).
- Her greatest professional accomplishment was expanding their philanthropic footprint in their community.
- She would still like to expand their inside food management concept through a national and international franchise.
Door open for registration, breakfast and networking
Opening Remarks & Introductions
Face It 'Til You Make It
Now That's A Stretch
Closing Remarks; Door Prize
Symposium Adjourned. Enjoy Your Day!
About Central Florida SCORE
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. We have been doing this for more than 50 years.
Because our work is supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration, and thanks to our network of 10,000+ volunteers, we are able to deliver our services at no charge or at a very low cost.
Find out more about our mission, vision and values by clicking here.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.